Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ctrl - Y

It's interesting how life tends to work itself out. So many factors influence our EVERYDAY life that it is quite improbable for one moment to determine the rest of our existence! However, moments can greatly influence our future and often do! We cannot press undo and shouldn't want to.

On December 31, 2011, my little sister, Helene, sent me a text that read "it's 12:00 am on January 1, 2011. You get a redo, do you take it?" My answer? NOOOO. First off, of COURSE you don't redo it. A year is a long time and why put yourself through all the hard times again. Sure you can avoid some, but there will be others! I'd much rather have a year of past experiences than have to relive what I've already been through. Once was enough.

However....

There are differently those nights that I wish I could redo or relive, just to see what had happened. Once again, these are impossible stupid things to dwell on. "What if"s are stupid! Even in present situations. For example, I once was dating a totally awesome and handsome guy. Now, we weren't exclusive and I was also interested in this other guy who seemed interested as well. Guy #1 wanted me to be his girlfriend, but I had reservations because what if guy #2 liked me too. One night I realized, HOW STUPID AM I?! I was putting off a sure thing for a what if. I went with the sure thing.... Well now you're wondering what happened to that guy. It didn't work out, but I did make the right decision. How do I know? Guy #2 started dating another girl around the same time and it did work out, thus they are getting married. Talk about God's plan right? Whatever is meant to happen will happen.

Thus I've chosen to push Ctrl-y on my life. It's worked out up to this point. Yes I'm single, but I've got the best friends in the world, two jobs that I LOVE, an adorable bachelorette pad, a spunky car, a hilarious family, and a date every weekend. I am living the dream. I'm creating memories that I will tell my kids one day.

In honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday....
Oh, The Places You'll Go
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!

You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own.  And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
...
You're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!


1 comment:

Anthony said...

Your "an adorable bachelorette pad" and "spunky car" is the best part of this.