Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My New Job!

I have been looking for a job since my last job ended in May and I've learned the hard way about this job market. I was picky at first when I was searching then as time went on and money got tight my standards of a job got lower and lower. (I think that this is one of the few times in life that this is ok to do :D haha.) However, there was still one standard that stood true: NO FAST FOOD!

Well one day when my mom, sister, and I were running errands, my sister and I decided to start collecting applications. Well my mom saw a Red Hanger Cleaner and jokingly said that I should apply there... well I did! I sat in the parking lot and filled it out and then turned it in that day. Well the next day (it just happened to be my birthday) I got a call from Red Hanger but I was at a doctor's appointment so I couldn't answer. Luckily the lady left a message and told me that they had a job offer they wanted to run by me and to call her back. When I did she wanted to interview me at 2:30 later that day. I ran home, showered, and looked presentable and met with her. Well Penny was impressed with me and set up an interview with the manager at the store I would be working at. It was at 9:00 am the next morning. I am not a morning person but I could sacrifice for a job haha. Well Krystal interviewed me and called Penny, handed me the phone and Penny said that Krystal wanted to hire me! I later found out that I would be trained the week after on Wednesday and Thursday then work in the store for the first time on Friday and Saturday.

Well I've worked at Red Hanger for a week now and am loving it so far. I've made new friends. One guy who worked with me on my first day in the store... he's funny, I was kinda slow that day... sorry Josh! But I've worked with this awesome girl Sherie for the past 4 times I've worked... I'm replacing her. It makes me sad because we hit it off so very well! When we've been bored at work with NOTHING AT ALL TO DO... we've played cards... until we started running out of games to play. But today we did something different... we took pictures of each other "working" haha SOOO funny! (I'd post them to this blog, but I'm not that good at it yet. Maybe I'll try later.) She's transferring to a different store that is closer to her home.

I'm off for the weekend and I have a VERY EVENTFUL weekend planned. I'm throwing a birthday party for myself on Thursday, I get to tend my FAVORITE little boy during the day on Friday then receptions and parties to go to that night, and on Saturday my friend is getting baptised (Morgan!) and my ward is going boating, and my friend is getting married, a ZETA date night, a bridal shower... and I'm pretty sure that I've forgotten A LOT!

I hope to get the hang of this blogging thing. I guess we'll see won't we? haha

1 comment:

Collin and Sarah said...

haha pretty sure I'm shocked that you actually updated your blog!!
Sounds like a great job and a fun weekend!