Tuesday, April 20, 2010

10 Days and Counting

My older brother, Cameron Nance, comes home on April 30, 2010. That is a grand total of TEN days away! I honestly can't believe it. He has been gone for 2 years, 1 week, and 4 days. It's SO surreal! Cameron has been such an amazing example to me over the past 2ish years. He has been so diligent even when he was terrified to go out in the first place! (You should see the pictures of the day he left, he couldn't even smile he was too scared = hilarious!)

So much has changed over the past two years. I graduated from high school and am about to graduate from SLCC with my associates degree, I actually started dating, I got my first kiss and a couple after that ;), I've made life long friends of people I never thought possible, and I bought a car. Helene, my sister, was 14 when he left and she is now 17 (he left right before her birthday and is coming home after her birthday). She has blossomed into a GORGEOUS young woman, but I still think her personality is the same. I don't think Cam will recognize her, seriously! Then there's little Brandon. He was 10 when Cameron left and WOW he has grown so much! Cam left a little boy and is coming home to an almost teenager (he turns 13 in May). Then there is mom and dad who have both grown a lot, but they are simple changes so I won't mention them.

We all miss and love Cameron so much and wish that he could stay because he loves it in Thailand so much! BUT I signed up for 2 year and he will be gone for an extra 3 week (too long) and it's time for him to come home hehe.

Needless to say, I plan on "dragging" Cameron to my single's ward the Sunday that he gets back. Then two weeks later I plan on dragging him to Moab with my single's ward trip. Shell shock here we come! SO EXCITED!!!!

No comments: