Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Poems From the Past

I'm a poet and you didn't even know it! I used to write poetry all the time in a darker portion of my life. The frequency of my writing has decreased the light was brought back into my life, however, I often write when I have no one to talk to, or no one seems to understand, or when I have bored the ears off all of my friends. These poems were written a while ago during the aftermath of a difficult break-up. I had been doing homework at the Marriot Library and I couldn't seem to focus on my homework anymore. Seeing as I had no one around that I could talk to, I opened up a word doc. and started writing. The following have been revised, but the integrity stayed in tact.
Please keep in mind that much of it was written as though no one, but me, would read it. 
Enjoy the window into my soul!

A Smile Unreturned

A smile unreturned
Lost in eyes that suddenly drop
An awkward word
Just spit it out
String of compliments
He looks for my eyes
Tears fall down
Force a smile
It's okay I understand
Time passes
Don't understand
Don't know why
Want it all to be gone
Don't want to cry anymore!
Don't want to feel numb anymore
Want to feel the butterflies
Want to feel the excitement of life
Want to feel
Not have an absence of feeling
HEALING
Still don't understand
Still don't know why
It will never completely leave
Love still remains
Tears stopped
Numbness departed
Still miss and wish
I feel the butterflies
I feel the excitement
I feel 
I fell

The Talk
Smile
             Unreturned
Lost in eyes
             Suddenly drop
"So what's up?"
             Stumbling over words
*Spit it out*
             String of compliments
*Here it comes*
             "Didn't feel what I expected"
Air gone
             "It's nothing you did"
"I understand"
             Eye contact
Struggle to keep
              "Still want you in my life"
Doubt
             "I'm Sorry"
"It's okay"
             "Goodbye"
"Bye..."
             Leaves
Run

Conversations with Myself

Why the hell did he do this? I don't understand!!!!!!!
I'm me! I date everyone. I date around. I never gave up guys to date -him- and he screwed it up.
I'm a dating machine and I actually get asked out on dates when other girls just "hang out."
Ridiculous. Who prays about forever after two weeks? TWO WEEKS! Bleh. Idiot.
There's a hole in my chest. All of my feelings are just skin deep, except sadness. I'm sad to the core.
I'm lonely and I cant's seem to shake this feeling.
I "cuddled" with -another- last night and I barely felt anything!
A little flame popped up when he put his head on mine, but I'm not all here.
My heart is missing. -He- has it and I'm not sure if I want it back.

No comments: