Saturday, November 5, 2011

Fears

I'm a little bit of a daredevil. :) I'll do the highest, flippiest, and most dangerous lifts when dancing like a Candle Stick, Around the World, Falling Angel, The Chair, and my favorite: Texas Star. I'll go off any number of jumps at the sand dunes, including those built off of a slip-in-slide with a "trench" of water at the bottom (without an ATV) multiple times giggling the whole time. EVEN if I fall, I'll get up and do it again.

However, I have discovered something that scares the living daylights out of me!

Trampolines.

Irrational? I don't know, I just don't like them! I suppose the reason is that they tend to be small and the ground tends to be hard around them. If I miss, it hurts! There's also the chance I'll land on my head on the hard ground. This fear can possible be traced back to the large number of times I'll fallen when jumping on trampolines. Ohs well. :) Needless to say, I really don't like the game "Rocket."

I discovered this fear at a gymnastics gym last night. Well it was just a trick gym actually. There were no balance beams (I was kinda sad cuz I like spinning off them into the foam pits). I could jump on the super bouncy tramps and do all sorts of kicks where I stayed upright, but I couldn't bring myself to do a flip, which I KNOW I can do! Well I did one once, just once. It was lame. :S

I'd much rather:

  • Climb the rock wall and jump off into the foam pit
  • Get charged at with a pad and fly into the foam pit behind me
  • Charge into a mountain man and just end up on the ground
  • Try it again and bounce back 3 feet
  • Swing off the trapease.. I think that's how you spell it.. and do flips off it.
  • Cartwheels
  • Run into a wall... multiple times.
  • Or anything where I'm just in the air and not jumping into it!
I'm not kidding that I'm really afraid of it! My heart was pounding just at the thought of them. Don't downplay my fear. Pretty sure it's a result of me not trusting myself, but I'm more than willing to trust other people.

Especially when doing the Texas Star. :)

No comments: