Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Just Decide

I was in a weird mood last night.

I was giddy.

I was silly.

I was confidant.

I was outgoing.

I was positive.

I was pretty.

I was happy.

It made me think. Why was it weird to be in that mood? Everyone around me seemed to enjoy my presence and my positive attitude. Am I just not happy all the time?
NO

Was it the effect of a perfect day? It wasn't. It was actually quite stressful and rushed.

What was it? -------------- Well! I'll tell you with a quote.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." 
                                                                                  - Abraham Lincoln
I had decided to be happy. I chose to focus on the positive moments of my day. I counted my blessings.

Just decide to dance in the rain. 

2 comments:

Kallie Olson said...

So I know this is random, but it's a little strange to see that that quote came from good ol' Abe Lincoln. He had bipolar disorder. In fact, his wedding day had to be postponed for about 2 or 3 days because he was so depressed about something he couldn't get out of his room. Just thought I'd share :) It is a good quote though, it just kinda made me chuckle a bit inside!

aubrey said...

That's super cool and I think it makes this quote so much better because I think those who have little control over something in their lives know so much more about it. They tend to have to try harder to have the same result as the average person. For example, I have health problems and I tend to know more about my body and how it is supposed to feel because I have felt so much of what it's not supposed to feel. There is opposition in all things. :)