Monday, October 17, 2011

Therapy

First off:

          No, I did not go to a shrink.

Why pay for what your friends can give you for free?! :)

I have an assortment of fantastic friends! I've been able to see many of them this week... and then again, not a lot of them (Does that make sense?). Don't worry, I will not begin to draw out what I did each and every moment of everyday this week... I think I'd fall asleep from boredom by simply writing it!

However, this was an interesting week because it was, in fact, fall break for the University of Utah (A wonderful thing. Whomever came up with that one gets a gold star on their forehead.). I worked, I played, but that's just the half of it. I got to go Nightmare on 13th on Tuesday with my wonderful friend Elisa. It was and 11/2 hour wait in the line (Bounce-back night. Avoid whenever possible) thus Elisa and I got to talk. A Lot. Elisa is the type of person who tells it like it is. One of my few truly blunt friends and I love her for it! So that was therapy session numero uno.

Numero dose occurred throughout the day on Wednesday when my friends Taylor and Sam drove with me to Cedar City to see Noises Off at the Shakespearean Festival. This was not a get-everything-off-your-chest therapy session... I'd have to say it was a leave-your-troubles-behind-in-Salt-Lake-and-just-enjoy-a-day-away type of therapy session! Sam and Taylor were just a JOY to drive with and I loved meeting up with my old favorite roommate - Annie! Just a good day that ended with a soccer game... nothing like getting out the wiggles from a 3 hour car drive like a good game of soccer. Well, Taylor thought so anyway. ;)

I worked all day on Thursday so when I got off around 9, I was very excited to hang out with a bunch of my dear friends! Before plans were made, however, I got an emergency text from a dear friend (who will remain nameless) who really needed a hug. Well I really could use a hug too so I headed out her way. I ended up being thoroughly entertained by scolding someone whom could not hear me because they were on the other end of a phone line. :) My friend sure seemed to enjoy my acting and commentary! I lease I hope she did. I ended up sleeping over and we had a grand time. I got therapy by NOT thinking about myself for once, try it -you'll like it!

"Friday, friday, friday is my favorite day"... I will continue singing that song in my head while I write the next paragraph. I got a break in between jobs and I got to get a dose of nature's therapy! Disc golf with Taylor! I'm really not that good at it, but it was a beautiful day and I could actually see some improvements in my throwing! LOVE IT!

Saturday. I needed A LOT of therapy. Well I began with momma-daughter time. Always a joy. However, work that morning was a little sour and I just didn't do as well as a should have. LUCKILY, Ephraim came to visit me and have some lunch and he was available to talk after I got off work. Well, we went shopping (Because that is what I do when I'm upset, I shop... or actually try on cloths. I buy the cloths because I love them and that usually doesn't happen because I'm picky.) in different places. Him, online for Halloween costume stuff. Me, at Down East for some new wardrobe items. Well, I ended up buying stuff, but not after slicing my finger on a metal plate in the dressing room. Don't worry though, the staff took care of me and I hopefully won't need stitches (Truth be told, I'm afraid to look and see just how deep this cut is... it might start bleeding again... and I'd rather not faint.) Once I felt well enough to pay and then drive I got to go home and get all prettied up for Olympus High's production of Annie Jr. It was fantastic and I was blessed to go with my dear high school friends and catch up with them afterward at Ice Burg.

I finished up fall break with family dinner where I made my routine comment on how old my baby brother is looking these days, a movie with my amazing momma (August Rush - T.V. edit, don't watch it. They butcher it.) and the weekly game night at Russel's home! It was a blast and I got to play my second favorite game, Make it Awkward. I got to see some more of my wonderful friends, some of which I have not seen in a very long time, and then go home and watch more episodes of Psych on Netflix (Sooo glad I signed up for that!).

Thank you my dear friends for a wonderful week of various therapies! It was just what the doctor ordered and now I'm ready for school to start up again... well sorta.

No comments: